We are happy to offer our members a private student loan program to help fund their children's college education.
When Federal Aid just isn't enough, West Branch Valley Federal Credit Union can help.
The cost of college continues to rise, making it harder to afford. At West Branch Valley Federal Credit Union, we’re committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. We’ve partnered with other credit unions to offer the Credit Union Student Choice Loan Program that can help you and your family fill-in the gaps that federal aid may leave behind. With lower interest rates and no origination fees, you will get significant cost-savings by choosing your credit union’s student loan over other alternative lenders.
- No origination fees
- Lower interest rates
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms
- Easily apply online for a student loan or by phone at (866) 465-4642
Requirements before applying for a Credit Union Student Choice loan:
- Fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) found at fafsa.ed.gov*.
- Apply for scholarships—you may be eligible for many of them.
- Check with your college financial aid office for listings.
- Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a scholarship search wizard is available at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/*.
- Take the maximum amount of Federal Stafford Loans before applying for Student Choice Loan. Under the Federal Stafford Loan program (subsidized loans) the following will apply while you’re in school:
- Government pays the interest
- Caps the interest rate
- Detailed overview - Everything you need to know about Credit Union Student Choice Loans.
- Approved school - Nearly 2,000 approved colleges and universities nationwide with approximately 100 in Pennsylvania.
- College preparation checklist - From the U. S. Department of Education
- Funding education beyond high school - The Guide to Federal Student Aid from the U. S. Department of Education
Learn more about a better way to pay for college through the Credit Union Student Choice Loan Program.